Don’t Let Sickness Keep You Away From Your Yachting Dreams!
Your dream of sailing on a yacht can be a nightmare if you are prone to seasickness. The seesaw motion of your yacht rental can cause an uncomfortable feeling that usually leads to nausea. While seasickness is a mild problem, some people find it incapacitating.
Don’t let seasickness ruin your floating vacation!
Understanding what triggers it and following proper guidelines can significantly reduce your chances of falling ill on your luxury yacht rental in Cartagena. Planning and preparing for different remedies is the best way to train yourself to be ready for the experience.
6 Tips to Prevent Seasickness for the Best Yachting Experience!
- Eat Light Before Boarding
Feeling hungover or overeating is the most common trigger for headaches and dizziness. The motion of the vessel and the food sitting in your stomach can make you feel sick. Hence, be sure to eat light and avoid fried foods before boarding your yacht rental in Cartagena.
- Keep Yourself Hydrated and Well-Rested Before Sailing
Feeling exhausted and dehydrated can ruin your mood and make you feel sicker. It’s best to keep yourself hydrated and catch up on sleep before boarding your luxury yacht in Cartagena.
- Head to the Lowest and Most-Central Part of the Deck
If your symptoms worsen when onboard, head to the lowest, most-centered deck of the ship. When you feel better, walk back outside, and fix your gaze on the horizon. Doing so will help your sensory systems to realign. Moreover, getting fresh is also important. So try to keep yourself active on the yacht.
- Keep Essential Medications Handy
You need to pack essential medications that can prevent your seasickness. Prescribed medications with proper instructions can help you overcome the illness.
- Take Some Preventive Measures
If you are on board and start to feel sick, here are a few tips to take care of yourself when on the yacht:
- Talk yourself down. You can relate the experience to driving a car or any other vehicle.
- Hold an enjoyable conversation to distract yourself.
- Listen to soothing music.
- Keep your body cool and apply sunscreen to prevent sunburn.
Ask the Skipper for a Quick Sailing Lesson Before Boarding
Taking a sailing lesson from an experienced skipper can boost your confidence and help you sail through the beautiful Caribbean water. Consulting with a qualified sailing instructor before boarding your luxury yacht in Cartagena can help you.
How Can Yachty Social Help Make Your Yachting Dreams a Reality?
Do you want to feel the warmth of the sun soaking into your skin?
Does listening to the calming ebb and flow of the Caribbean waves and feeling the beachy breeze blowing through your hair sound like a fantastic experience?
Get sailing on your luxurious yacht charter with Yachty Social! And her’s how we can enhance your experience in Cartagena:
- Our yacht charter specialist can help you select a luxury yacht from an impressive fleet of boats and yachts for a smooth sailing experience to sail through the blue Caribbean water.
- We offer budget-friendly yacht packages that suit varied needs and feature vessels that can accommodate as many as 12 people.
- We can organize special events like birthday parties, bachelor parties, and more in Cartagena for an unforgettable experience.
- Our experts will help you plan an itinerary that covers every hotspot in the Cartagena to make the most of your Caribbean vacation.
- Our sailing instructors can help you perform various water sports such as snorkeling, sea kayaking, sea diving, and other engaging activities on your boat rental to explore the brimming marine life of Cartagena.
- You can visit different islands such as Rosario Island, Playa Blanca, and Cholon to unwind and relax with your loved ones when you choose our luxury yacht charter in Cartagena.
- Our experienced crew can offer you the best advice to explore the picturesque city of Cartagena and revel in its beautiful colonial architecture.
Does Sailing on a Yacht Seem Like an Amazing Experience?
If yes, feel free to connect with us for the ultimate yachting experience by calling us at +1 (305) 967-3672. You may also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our luxury yacht and boat rental in Cartagena!